Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Country

When asked where my favorite place is or what place has the most significance in my life my answer has always been "The Country."  You may be thinking or imagining "The Country" as a wide open space with cornfields and land that goes on for miles and miles lined by country roads with few cars driving on them.  This is all true, but "The Country" is also much more to me than that.  "The Country" is a name that my family calls my grandparents house.  They live in Walworth, Wisconsin, which is a small town that is surrounded by land, cornfields, and country roads, but it is also the home to my favorite place in the world.  As you drive down one country road you can see the back woods of my grandparents' property, and then you spot their driveway, which is long and their house is barely visible from the road.  "The Country" is a little white house perched at the top of a hill surrounded by beautiful flowers and extremely old and tall trees (or snow).  When you open the door you are greeted with two large screened-in porches that wrap around the front and the side of the house.  Those front porches are my favorite places to be, and they are where I find myself to be most peaceful and relaxed.  I can look out and see all of the trees and the distant cornfields that go on for miles and miles.  I think I love "The Country" so much because of all of the memories that I have there, and all of the memories that I will continue to create there.  It is a place that makes me quiet and still even in the chaos of everyday life.  It is also a place where I am surrounded by family, whether that may be during holidays or if it is just a random visit to see my grandparents. "The Country" is a place that inspires me and it has helped shape me into who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment